Monday, November 15, 2010

Mornings...

Mornings are weird.

On the one hand, I kinda like mornings. As much as I love sleep (And believe me, I do.) I prefer waking up earlier to do things. If I have to work at twelve-thirty i'm more likely to wake up at eight, so I have four and a half hours to sit and do nothing and it doesn't feel like I'm spending my whole day at work. If I have nothing to do I'll either get up around ten and putt around all day in a haze of happy, or sleep in till the afternoon if I stayed up late.

However there is such a thing as too early. Getting up at six to get to school for eight feels like I'm forcing every step and making myself be in a good mood. It's more then just lethargy, it feels like I shouldn't be outside before the sun is up.

Of course it's going to get worse because it's winter, and therefore the sun will be up later and later each day, but I try not to think about that. My sleep cycle very much is a part of the suns movements, on rainy overcast days I'm more likely to stay in bed then get up. :P

I feel like maybe I'm not going to pass this semester, and I have to. I have to get my work done and do this but it's not for me. It's for my parents. They've told me that Christmas is going to be sparse this year because of our trip the the Dominican and my tuition.

I mean, I love graphic design. And I can see myself working as a designer to make advertisements and maybe even art for books or something. I want to have that. But when i feel pressure to do well it's not from my own head, it's from my parents telling me they're proud or my mom getting really excited over my type poster and saying mine will be the best in the class. I know it's not likely because there are so many talented people here, but hearing my mom say it makes me happier then a good mark any day.

*Cough*

Well!

I have a new friend. His name is John and I think he's pretty awesome. He is a huge Buffy nerd which earns him respect in my eyes. If you ever meet me and decide to say 'Buffy is so 90's' or 'Buffy? Lame.' I will be quite upset and launch into a rant about how Buffy was a launch board for powerful women and gay rights in the media blagh blagh blagh. About Buffy and Supernatural I am one of thoes asshole fans who defend their show until you either run away crying or punch me in the face. Even then I'll say you should watch the show so you can learn to punch better.

I love Buffy with all my soul. I also love Pokemon, which he likes too. This may turn out to be a wonderful friendship.

2 comments:

  1. omg omg omg SUPERNATURAL ..
    dean aka (JENSEN ACKLES) omg BABE <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU LIKE IT TOO?! OMG.
    WE HAVE SUPERNATURAL FRIDAYS, YOU SHOULD TOTALLY COME!

    ReplyDelete